The Tomorrow When The War Began soundtrack has recently won some major music awards at the Australian Screen Sound Guild (ASSG) awards.
The fourteenth ASSG awards were held on Friday 29th October in North Sydney NSW Australia and the guild represents the profession of screen sound in film and other related industries within Australia.
The Tomorrow When The War Began movie soundtrack was nominated for a number of awards, namely:
- Best Achievement in Sound for Film Sound Recording
- Best Achievement in Sound for Film Sound Design
- Best Achievement in Sound for Film Sound Mixing
- Feature Film Soundtrack of the Year
It was up against some good competition however, managed to win the coveted:
Feature Film Soundtrack of the Year and the
Best Achievement in Sound for Film Sound Recording
That’s a real coup for the movie and it’s a great soundtrack so deserves the win. However there’s no word on whether they are even going to release the soundtrack, which would be a shame since it’s won these awards now and there are some great songs in it, so fingers crossed. Here is a list of the Tomorrow when The War Began songs from the soundtrack.
- The Cruel Sea – The Honeymoon Is Over
- Bob Evans – Don’t You Think It’s Time
- Jet – Black Hearts On Fire
- Powderfinger – Poison In Your Mind
- Wolfmother – Cosmic Egg
- Steer – Missy Higgins
- Nic Cester – Tomorrow
- Temper Trap – Fader
- Sarah Blasko – Flame Trees
The Tomorrow When The War Began soundtrack matches the pace of the movie well. There are some great Australian artists in the above list, so am really hoping the soundtrack is released to the public.